Board Game Night @ Jugendherberge Frankfurt
We are super excited because the whole deal with the Coronavirus has calmed down and we get to play in person again, yay!
We must live however with some new rules:
1. EVERYBODY MUST WEAR A FACEMASK (MÜNDSCHUTZ)
2. MAX 4 PPL PER TABLE
3. MAX 12 PPL IN THE ROOM
4. KEEP . YOUR . DISTANCE! (1.5 m from everybody not sitting in your own table)
5. WE ARE REQUIRED BY STATE LAW TO ASK YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER, IN CASE THERE IS A CORONA OUTBURST THEY CAN TRACE AND NOTIFY YOU.
6. IF YOU DID NOT RSVP AND WE ARE ALREADY 12 IN THE ROOM, WE WILL HAVE TO SEND YOU BACK :(
Also, because we re using the BIG room (else the limit would be like 4ppl), we must raise the fee. So we need to charge 10 Euro per person (yes, including organisers) to pay for the room (which is 110 Eur).
We are super looking forward to seeing you guys again!!
It s almost been a year since we started organising these events in the hostel, so far it s worked out very well.
For every available game that you want to join, someone who brought the game will explain the rules before starting, so you don t need to prepare anything in advance if you don t want to. However, if you want other people to play your games, you ll be expected to teach them to the people that will be offering to play with you. As you can see, we do this as a community, anybody can step up and organise a specific game of something they like! We definitely encourage you to do it. If you re a big fan of codenames and you don t see that we play any codenames in our group, feel free to bring your own copy of the game and offer to explain the rules! It s almost guaranteed that people will want to play with you. If you offer to host a game one particular night and you cannot find anyone to play with you, don t become frustrated, try again the following Friday, "Patience is the key that opens the last door." (Arab proverb).
Frequently asked questions:
- I m new to board games, I don t know if the games played in the event are too difficult, should I join? Yes, it s almost 95% guaranteed that you ll be explained a game that you ll quickly understand and enjoy.
- The organisers said that renting the room costs 110 euros. However, today we were almost 30 people in the event and they still charged me 5 euros. If you do the math, they are making a big profit. Are these Spanish-speaking people trustworthy? We could discuss the issue further; but in terms of the money they collect in the hostel, yes they are trustworthy. If there is more money than necessary to pay for the room, it is saved for future events when no one will have to pay.
- I m a student/unemployed, 5 euros does break the bank for me. Can I still join even if I can t contribute? We don t want to leave anyone out, please let the organisers know beforehand and we will always have a few slots for each event. However, don t just assume that you can look the other way when the organisers are collecting the money without letting them know in advance.
- It seems that the event is played in English, what if I want to play in German language? If everyone at the table agrees, it is ok. Just be nice: if one person at the table cannot understand the language you are trying to speak, you should use English.